Senior Producer, TrackRecord
About the Company
Fusion Media Group is looking for a Senior Video Producer for TrackRecord.net, its music-focused site.
Fusion Media Group (FMG) is a media company that connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about."
FMG has become one of the largest publishers on the web by producing content young, engaged audiences care about. We connect compelling content with larger audiences, registering 100M+ average monthly uniques and we reach more young adults than the competition, at 47M+ average monthly A18-34 uniques. FMG has the web's most original and beloved brands under one roof.
About the Role
The ideal applicant is super-curious, passionate and can lead video journalism at a site that is focused on music for everybody in a way that's entertaining, informative and engaging. In short, music without labels. Our sites have strong opinions; a witty, conversational voice; and an unstinting editorial eye. In short, we need someone in this role who will also geek out with us, on music and all its related themes.
The ideal candidate is a person with a deep knowledge of music, be it
- Hip-hop / Rap / R&B: Covering the most popular music genres of today, with an eye towards those artists who are changing the game.
- Pop / Rock: Covering mainstream pop and rock.
- Indie: Covering up-and-coming artists on the edge of mainstream.
- Media / Tech: The business of music; who’s up and who’s down in the war between streaming companies; ticket bots and scalping; music festivals, live music and “listening” startups; and the best headsets for under $100 type of music “news you can use.”
- In short, Track Record is music for a generation without labels.
This role requires a leader who can manage a site-specific video team while working within the growing video team at Fusion Media Group. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential, as is a passion for music content. Applicants should have 4+ years of video leadership experience, a sharp editorial sensibility and expertise with video cameras and editing software.
- Working with Track Record editorial leadership to execute targeted video growth strategies.
- Overseeing the development and execution of content that remains true to the voice of the site.
- Managing a growing team of talented producers and editors.
- Hiring and managing crews for special projects.
- Having a strong commitment, and proven track record, of developing a multi-dimensional team.
- Honing pitches from the video team as well as helping writing staff understand video
- Identifying quick turn newsy pieces.
- Editing scripts and video cuts.
- Setting up camera shoots.
- Visualizing graphics, animations and edits for explainers and field pieces.
- Thinking outside of the traditional broadcast box
- Willing to experiment with new formats
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (The Root, Jezebel, Gizmodo, Jalopnik, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Splinter and Deadspin).
GMG and its parent, Univision, are deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a full-time staff position based in New York City.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.